- THREAD! twitter.com/wallrike/statu… 2 hours ago
- RT @katrinaarcher: More than 1000 people have now been arrested at Extinction Rebellion protests in the UK, and I have seen ZERO coverage o… 2 hours ago
- EASTER CAKE!!!! #easter #cake #yummyfood #happyeaster🐰 #islandlife instagram.com/p/Bwiri7Hgv3p/… 19 hours ago
Top Posts & Pages
- Across Time and Space With Orange and Brown and Flowers and Clocks
- The Perimenopause Diaries
- The Peri-Menopause Diaries II - Does this bulky uterus make me look fat?
- Criticism: The Best Bad Friend A Writer Can Have
- Inkless: Why I'll Never Get A Tattoo
- That Moment You Realize You're the Bad Guy in the Story
I Love Indies
I Love Canadian Books!
BOOKS! BOOKS! BOOKS!
Category Archives: Nature & Environment
On Tuesday morning, I climbed aboard a big, yellow zodiac and headed out to watch whales and play tourist for a day with my dear friend Liz and her family from Arizona—son Jeff, and teen granddaughters Katelyn and Lauren. Despite … Continue reading
Fast cars don’t impress me. Yeah, I like driving them and I certainly wasn’t complaining while zooming around the track at 100mph at the Bondurant School of High Performance Driving, but you won’t find me ogling a Lamborghini or a … Continue reading
What scares you? Not in the big, metaphorical sense but in an immediate, palm-sweating, heart racing kind of way. Spiders? Heights? Water? In Frank Herbert’s classic novel, Dune, fear is described as “the mind killer”. There is some truth in … Continue reading
“No man is an island entire of itself; every man is a piece of the continent, a part of the main…” ~ John Donne, Meditation 17, Devotions upon Emergent Occasions When I lived in Costa Rica, ants were among … Continue reading
We’ve had this talk before, haven’t we? Money vs Art. You know what side I stand on. You know that I would rather take a “real job” to pay the bills so that I can continue to make the stories … Continue reading
Summer = swimming. That’s the equation that could sum up most of my childhood summer vacations. Whether splashing around in my backyard above-ground pool with my friends, zipping down a water slide, or diving into one of my province’s bounty … Continue reading