- Right? twitter.com/TheBeaverton/s… 5 minutes ago
- THREAD! twitter.com/wallrike/statu… 2 hours ago
- RT @katrinaarcher: More than 1000 people have now been arrested at Extinction Rebellion protests in the UK, and I have seen ZERO coverage o… 3 hours ago
Top Posts & Pages
- Across Time and Space With Orange and Brown and Flowers and Clocks
- The Perimenopause Diaries
- The Peri-Menopause Diaries II - Does this bulky uterus make me look fat?
- Criticism: The Best Bad Friend A Writer Can Have
- Inkless: Why I'll Never Get A Tattoo
- That Moment You Realize You're the Bad Guy in the Story
I Love Indies
I Love Canadian Books!
BOOKS! BOOKS! BOOKS!
Category Archives: Family & Children
“Is everything okay with you?” My dear friend Pat asked this of me on Sunday evening. As well as being one of my best friends in the universe, he is also a regular Coconut Chronicles reader and he noted that … Continue reading
When do ideas become stories? When do stories become myths? When do myths become harmful? Post-colonization North American culture is young compared to the rest of the world. Our stories are new but our identities have already been hammered into … Continue reading
When it comes to empathy, I was late to the party. I arrived to find the presents opened and the cake mostly eaten. I was embarrassed at my inexcusable tardiness. Lately, empathy has been occupying a significant chunk of space … Continue reading
“I’m going to write a book.” “I’m going to get in shape.” “I’m going to travel the world.” “I’m going to…” No. Here’s the truth: Most people won’t ever do the things they say they are going to do. Not … Continue reading
Wow, has it ever been a long time since I’ve talked to you! You can blame whales and Warpworld in equal parts, as well as the occasional visit from friends. So, I was in the kitchen one morning not too … Continue reading
“Cultural appropriation is the adoption or use of elements of one culture by members of a different culture. Cultural appropriation is seen by some as controversial, notably when elements of a minority culture are used by members of the cultural majority; this … Continue reading